BPI-M2 Magic CSIcamerainterface
connect external camera module with proper signal pin mappings. The pin definitions of the CSI interface are shown as below. This is marked on the Banana Pi board as “CSI″.
BPI-M2 Magic CSI camera accessories
note: for BPI-M2 Magic , camera is same as BPI-M2+, it support OV5640 module, not need extend board. you just can direct use OV5640 modue on CSI interface.
CSI Camera Connector specification:
The CSI Camera Connector is a 40-pin FPC connector which can connect external camera module with proper signal pin mappings. The pin definitions of the CSI interface are shown as below. This is marked on the Banana Pi board as “Camera”.
CSI Pin Name
This is my modified OV5640 driver for the CMOS camera that incorporates many image resolutions and/or image quality. You can take advantage of a higher FPS, Image Quality (Preview or Capture) or Window size, choosing the one that best fit your needs.
This is expected to work with reasonable quality for AW platform (32 bit and 64 bit).
Working window sizes and expected FPS (preview mode)
- QSXGA: 2592x1936 (7.5 FPS)
- QXGA: 2048x1536 (7.5 FPS)
- 1080P: 1920x1080 (7.5 FPS, 15 FPS)
- UXGA: 1600x1200 (7.5 FPS, 15 FPS)
- UXGA: 1280x960 (7.5 FPS, 15 FPS)
- 720P: 1280x720 (7.5 FPS, 15 FPS)
- XGA: 1024x768 (7.5 FPS, 15 FPS)
- SVGA: 800x600 (15 FPS, 30 FPS)
- VGA: 640x480 (15 FPS, 30 FPS)
- QVGA: 320x240 (30 FPS)
- QCIF: 176x144 (30 FPS with some artifacts)
The OV5640 has been updated to work on M64 (https://github.com/avafinger/ov5640/tree/A64)
from Alex of camera developer., thank Alex do this cool work.